From Wednesday 13th July we are making some changes to bus timetables for many services. Please note the table below that shows each route and its new status:
|A1||No change to route. Minor timetable changes.|
|A2||Frequency between Airport and Souq Waqif increased to 15 minutes.|
|X2A||A branch of the former X2 route between Manama and Asry, every 20 minutes. Goes into the accommodation area in Hidd.|
|X2B||A branch of the former X2 route between Manama and Budayia, every 20 minutes.|
|X3||No change to route. Minor timetable changes.|
|X4,X5,X6||Frequency increased to 10 minutes between Manama and ALBA with the addition of the new route X6; the X6 covers the route to ALBA but then goes to Ras Zuwayed Industrial Area|
|10,11||No change to route. Minor timetable changes.|
|12||Extended to cover Sehla Avenue replacing the old 46 route|
|13||Turns left off Budayia Highway to Saar, covers part of the former 80 / 81 routes. Also passes through Jidhafs instead of via the City Centre Mall|
|14,15||Frequency increased to 60 minutes each, 30 minutes combined.|
|16||Extended to Zallaq Beach on Friday and Saturday only. Route between Isa Town and Souq Waqif changed to go via Salmabad instead of via the Education Area.|
|17,18||No change to route. Minor timetable changes.|
|19||No change to route. Minor timetable changes.|
|32,33||Merged with 30 and 31 to create a these circular routes in Muharraq|
|41||Extended to north Juffair area to cover a greater area behind Lulu Hypermarket.|
|43||No change to route. Minor timetable changes.|
|44,45||No change to route. Minor timetable changes.|
|50,51||Frequency reduced to hourly.|
|70||Extended to Isa Town terminal through Buri, A’ali and Education area to provide a direct bus link between Sakhir and Isa Town University campuses.|
· New route X6 from Manama to Sitra and Ras Zuwayed Industrial Area, running every 30 minutes. With the X4 and X5 there will now be a bus running every 10 minutes from Manama to ALBA via Sitra.
· Service A2 will increase in frequency to every 15 minutes between the Airport and Souq Waqif.
· Service 70 will be extended to Isa Town to link University of Bahrain Sakhir and Isa Town Campuses, and route changed in Hamad Town (no longer going inside Malkiyah).
· Services 14 and 15 will increase in frequency to every hour along their whole routes, and every 20 minutes combined with the 70 between Isa Town and Souq Waqif.
· Service 16 will be changed between Souq Waqif and Isa Town to serve Salmabad instead of the Education Area, where it will be replaced by the 70.
· On Fridays and Saturdays buses on the 16 will serve Jazair beach after Zallaq.
· Service 41 will be extended in Northern Juffair to serve the area close to Bahrain Specialist Hospital.
· Service 46 is withdrawn and replaced by the 12 in Sehla and Jidhafs Hospital. It is not replaced past the Police Fort.
· Services 80 and 81 are withdrawn and replaced by the 13 in Saar – providing a new direct link from Saar to Manama. Service 13 will no longer serve City Centre or Karbabad.
· Services 30 and 31 are withdrawn and replaced by changes to services 32 and 33; which will be linked to create a new Muharraq Circular service running every 30 minutes.
· Service X2 is being split at Manama into X2A to ASRY and X2B to Budaiya. The X2A to ASRY will extend inside the Hidd Industrial Area.
· Services 50 and 51 will be reduced to running every hour.
· There will be minor timetable changes to all other routes.