Go Cashless! GO Cards Only!
From Monday, the 1st of June 2020, to use the bus you must have a GO Card. You will not be able to pay using cash.
The GO Card costs 500fils, and can be bought from:
- Manama, Muharraq or Isa Town main Bus Station (office open from at least 06:00 – 21:00, Ticket Machines are also available at these locations).
- The Ticket Machine at the Airport or University of Bahrain (staff and students only).
- One of our sales team, who are all over Bahrain.
- The driver.
A GO Card works like mobile phone top up, or a phone card. When you buy the GO Card it has 0 balance, you must top up before you get on the bus. If you buy the GO Card from a driver or sales team it will cost 1BHD and will come with 500fils balance inside already so you can use it straight away.
You can top up your GO Card to a maximum balance of 50BHD, the balance does not expire. The card also has 10 year validity. If you take a personalised GO Card from our ticket office (including your photo) then if you lose the card we will transfer any remaining balance or tickets to a new card for free, you just have to pay 500fils for the replacement card.
You can top up your GO Card in these places:
- Manama, Muharraq or Isa Town main Bus Station
- The Ticket Machine at the Airport or University of Bahrain (staff and students only)
- On the bus using the machine on board. Please make sure to top up before you get off the bus so you have enough balance to use the bus next time you travel.
Soon other ways to top up will be available, including:
- stc pay
- BWallet / Benefit Pay
- Sadad Machines
- Post Offices and other shops
Journeys on the bus cost only 250fils with the GO Card (instead of 300fils if you pay cash), and if you travel on 3 buses or more in 1 day it only costs 600fils for the whole day, even if you use 10 buses that day, 600fils is the Daily Cap.
Weekly & Monthly Tickets
You can travel on all our buses as many times as you want in a week for only 3BHD (less than 430fils per day), or 12BHD for a month (28 days). Monthly tickets are only available from our ticket offices, and are only available on personalised GO Cards. Weekly tickets can be bought on normal GO Cards and are available from the driver or from a Ticket Machine. Weekly and Monthly tickets validity start when they are first used, not from the day they are bought.
*Note that all prices are inclusive of VAT.